Call for Abstracts 2021
On 18 and 19 March 2021, the annual conference of the Swiss Society for Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology (SGA) online, via Zoom. The topic of the conference will be:
"Agriculture in the context of climate change - Risks and options for action".
Climate change is one of the great challenges of our time, especially for agriculture, which is directly affected by its consequences. The entire agricultural and food sector, with all its actors, must learn how farming can best adapt to a changing environment, but also how it can make a relevant contribution to mitigating climate change. The aim of the SGA Annual Conference is to gather scientists, decision-makers and practitioners in order to exchange on these issues.
Confirmed keynote speakers:
- Nina Buchmann, Professor of Grassland Science, ETH Zürich
- Michael Stauffacher, Professor of Transdisciplinary Research, ETH Zürich
- Martin Huber, Director of Agricultural Education and Extension, Canton of Thurgau, Arenenberg
The conference will feature current scientific findings and practical experience that relate to agriculture and climate change and highlight existing gaps in knowledge. The SGA is looking forward to contributions relating to one of the following themes:
- Climate change impacts on production, productivity and resilience
- Quantification of the costs and benefits of climate change
- Perception of climate change risks and opportunities by farmers
- Potential and challenges of Climate-Smart Agriculture (CSA)
- Costs and benefits of different adaptation and mitigation strategies
- Determinants of implementing adaptation and mitigation strategies
- Evaluation of climate protection policy instruments and innovations (certificates, direct payments, reduced tillage, etc.)
- Consumption decisions and climate-smart food strategies
- Other relevant agricultural economic or sociological issues
In addition to the exchange of various Swiss actors, international exchange is an important goal of the conference. We are pleased to receive submissions from various contexts.
All accepted contributions for the cancelled conference in 2020 will remain active, unless withdrawn by the author. Additional anonymous abstracts (in MS Word format) with a maximum length of 2 pages can be submitted until 30/09/2020, 23:59, via ConfTool (in German, French or English): www.conftool.org/sga2021/
In order to write a contribution, please use the following template (please delete the first page with the format details before submission): LINK Template
As part of a blind peer review process, contributions will be selected on the basis of the relevance and originality of the research as well as the suitability of the methodology. The conference languages are German, French and English. There will be no translation!
This year we will again award the best poster and the best presentation. We look forward to receiving your submission and meeting you at the conference!
Contact persons from the board of the Swiss Society for Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology responsible for the conference: