The Swiss Society for Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology (SGA) supports the active participation of young scientists working at Swiss institutions in attending conferences, meetings and seminars in the subject area covered by the SGA. Active participation in the form of presentation of their own research work is supported with a travel subsidy.
Candidates eligible for support are young researchers at Swiss universities, colleges and other Swiss research institutions who work in the subject area of the SGA. PhD students as well as those studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree qualify as young researchers. Active participation (i.e. presentation of a talk or poster) at a conference, meeting or seminar in the subject area covered by the SGA is required.
Conditions of grant funding
- The active participation of young scientists is confirmed by a written invitation from the event organiser. The confirmation of participation must be enclosed with the application.
- Candidates may apply for an SGA Young Scientist support grant once a year.
- The grant application must be submitted at least 30 days before the start of the event (travel to the venue).
- Conference fees and accommodation and travel expenses are eligible for reimbursement. The least-expensive reasonable means of transport and accommodation must be chosen. The choice of transport should also be as climate-friendly as possible. Transport at the conference venue (public transport, taxi, etc.) is not eligible for funding.
- The maximum amount of the grant is CHF 500.
You can find a template for submission at the end of this page.
Applicants will be notified before the start of the trip as to whether it will be eligible for funding. The grant will be paid once the documentation has been submitted in full. Successful applicants will be asked to write a brief report on what were for them the personal highlights of the event for which grant funding was received.